HAPPY BIRTHDAY ABRAHAM LINCOLN!!
Suggested Activities for Lincoln's Birthday
3. Read and discuss the Emancipation Proclamation
4. Read and discuss Lincoln's View of Government
5. The Presidential Election of 1864 political cartoon
9. Lincoln was 6'4", how do your students measure up, other presidents, or his contemporaries?
President's Day Activities
2. Construct acrostic poems using the words American, Lincoln, or President
4. Write letters to the President
5. Have students create Presidential Trading Cards
6. Produce commercials to earn votes for their President being elected Best President Ever.
7. Create biographical Glogs on Presidents
8. Compare/Contrast to our current President
Resources, Articles, and Videos
9. BrainPop jr.
Please post a comment below if you have a site or lesson idea to share for teaching these concepts. I would love your input!