Now that Glogster has started charging, teachers want to know how their students can create poster and project presentations online? Here are 10 sites that can be used to create digital displays by your students.
1. http://www.spaaze.com/home - On the Spaaze board I was able to create a label, enter text onto a notepad, insert an animated GIF, and two pictures created on other sites. I was also able to upload a file onto the board. You can also show YouTube videos on the board through the link, but not upload your own videos from your computer. example - http://www.spaaze.com/board/a909ed6b25bf0a321f5126c8213c70a7
2. https://techieteachnj.jux.com/ - Create a slide show using text, pictures, photos, animations, YouTube videos. example - https://techieteachnj.jux.com/53848
3. http://www.vuvox.com/ - Upload picture and video files and soon add text and captions, found the site to be slow.
4. http://www.posterbee.com/ - could be used to store parts of a presentation, shown by clicking on each one, one at a time. example - http://www.posterbee.com/group/75450#post;;75460
5. http://www.stixy.com/ - Allows user to upload documents, input, format, and edit text, and upload pictures. A link can be posted to a note and I was even able to upload a rather large ppt file.
6. http://en.linoit.com/ - I was able to post pictures, text, YouTube videos, and upload files. example - http://linoit.com/users/janelschafer/canvases/Someday
7. http://notaland.com/ - A bit clunky but was able to come up with an example - http://notaland.com/janelschafer/100859
8. http://popplet.com/ - Allows typing text and titles, uploading pictures and animation, and embedding YouTube videos.
9. https://admin.projeqt.com/login?t= - Text, videos from YouTube, and pictures, as well as music, in a slide show format.
10. http://poster.4teachers.org/ - The teacher sets up a classroom and students join. The teacher creates the assignment and students create a poster with pictures and text and turn it in to the online classroom.
More sites for creating pictures for your displays. Students who are creating projects on characters, stories, time periods, or events can create snapshots of news stories about their topic, or other cool picto/graphics.