To keep things more clean and organized and less overwhelming I have decided to post one category per day. I am starting with Science and Math resources. Included in this week's sites are the Aurora Borealis explained and the department of education from the great state of West Virginia. Enjoy!
SCIENCE AND MATH RESOURCES
- http://astro.unl.edu/naap/lps/animations/lps.swf - Lunar phases animation
- http://www.kidsciencechallenge.com/index.php - 6th graders’ science challenge
- http://vimeo.com/25811412 - Aurora Borealis explained
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogtKe7N05F0 – Aurora Borealis seen from space.
- http://wvde.state.wv.us/learn21/6/8/science/ - WV Ed Science Resources
- http://studyjams.scholastic.com/studyjams/index.htm - Sing along to Math and Science
- http://mathbydesign.thinkport.org/ - Games that challenge the mind and require multiple step solutions to real world math problems.
- http://www.eddataexpress.ed.gov/ - Great site for real data to collect and manipulate or draw conclusions from.
- http://wvde.state.wv.us/learn21/6/8/math/ - WV Ed. Math Resources