Mrs. Magee and Ms. Volker's 6th Grade Ancient Civilizations class is studying the use of charts and graphs in historical studies.
- To drive the concept home, they created a project using the data provided in Wolfram Alpha. http://www.wolframalpha.com/
- Students will compare population, literacy rates, life expectancy, and unemployment rates of five different countries they will study throughout the year.
- Using data collected from Wolfram Alpha, students are creating graphs in Excel and an online program called Create a Graph.
- The following is a link to the project site; http://sites.google.com/site/graphsandresearch/.
In Mrs Santora's class students are working on researching the Sister Kenny treatment while reading Small Steps by Peg Kehret.
- Mrs. Santora supplied links to resources and graphic organizers to the students, through Edmodo.
- The class worked in groups to collect information about the treatment and compare it to the treatment of other muscle and bone disorders.